How do I reset my Cache, and clear cookie issues.
How cache & cookies work
- Cookies are files created by sites you visit. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing data, sometimes after an upgrade to Mediasite or a change to one of the many QUB systems, having old cache and cookies can cause issues.
- The cache remembers parts of pages, like images, to help them open faster during your next visit, this however may cause issues on some occasions.
What happens after you clear this info?
After you clear cache and cookies:
- Some settings on sites get deleted. For example, if you were signed in, you’ll need to sign in again.
- Some sites can seem slower because content, like images, needs to load again, however this will speed up after the first load.
- The issues with your service should be resolved!
Jump to instructions about your particular browser.
In Chrome - Clear the cache
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
Learn how to change more cookie settings in Chrome. For example, you can delete cookies for a specific site (like Mediasite or Canvas).
The Firefox cache temporarily stores images, scripts, and other parts of websites you visit in order to speed up your browsing experience. To clear your history (cookies, browsing history, cache, etc.) all at once, see Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox.
- Click the menu button and select .
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click
- Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data.
- For more information about managing site data, see Manage local site storage settings.
- With Cached Web Content check marked, click the button.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
Click the Library button , click History and click Clear Recent History.
Click the Advanced tab. Select the Show Develop menu in menu bar checkbox and close the Preferences window.
Select the Develop drop-down menu. Click Empty Cache.
Note: You may want to also clear your browser history. Select the History drop-down, then Clear History.