You need to register for this service
This service is only available for Learning and Teaching. We can enable this on a few other select videos by request.
Make sure you have registered via the form https://go.qub.ac.uk/signmeup
Once this is complete we will give you access to the Mediasite permission to enable this on your account.
To enable captions for your video:
- Browse to (or search for) your video in MyMediasite.
- Click on the video thumbnail or title to enter the presentation summary page.
- Click on Edit Details, at the top right of the page navigation.
- Browse to the Delivery tab, below the video preview.
- Select the Audio Transcriptions checkbox.
- Select Choose a Provider for Captioning.
- Click on the box titled Select a Captioning Profile. Which will look like this:
- Click Save.
- Depending on server load when you make the request, it will take time to create the captions. Under normal conditions, please allow for 24 hours before you captions are ready.
Watch this video to show you how.