Please find details below about how the Video Production and Podcast Services are accessed and some key information that should be considered in the initiation stage of your project.
From Recording to Post-Production
We provide a full video production service, using industry standard tools to create high-quality, professional audio-visual material. For all queries regarding video production projects, please contact Stephen Mullan:
Enhance Teaching and Learning
Audio podcasts or video podcasts (vodcasts) are a great way of taking the learning experience outside the classroom and even beyond the campus. They can be hosted on the University's Mediasite service, which can push out to all major podcast subscription services. For all queries regarding podcasts, please contact Stephen Mullan:
- Timescales - We provide video production and podcasting services University wide, and as such we would strongly recommend making contact with the team well in advance of your project deadline. We currently operate a minimum lead in time of two weeks, to ensure that the project request can be adequately scoped and resourced.
- Project Details - Please include as much detail as possible when providing project information so that the team can adequately assess requirements.
- Costs - Video production projects that are required for learning and teaching purposes do not have any costs associated, however projects that fall outside of this remit are currently charged at a standard rate of £90.00 per day. The cost of a project will also be affected by variables such as:
- Duration of recording
- Bepoke project requirements
- Copyright and Permissions - If your lecture, video or event includes slides, images or music, you must ensure that either you own the copyright or have appropriate written permissions from the copyright owner. You must also ensure that you have the permission of key people included in recordings. We can provide advice on this subject, but please get in contact well in advance to discuss your requirements.
- Use of External Companies - On occasion it may be necessary to engage the services of an external video production company. In this instance, we can provide advice and recommend reputable companies.
Queen's University Belfast is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
For more information please read our Equality and Diversity Policy.
Queen's University Belfast is registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC101788
VAT registration number: GB 254 7995 11