When Cancer First Came Into Our Lives
Being told your loved one has cancer can turn your world upside down. You may feel a range of emotions, including confusion. Here are some carers’ thoughts on how they felt when their loved one received a cancer diagnosis and how they coped.
- Top thoughts for coping with a cancer diagnosis:
- You may feel confused. Take time to digest the information
- Ask for and accept support (from family, friends and professionals)
- Ask questions (and keep asking until you understand)
- Take notes or record (with permission)