- Full-time postgraduate research tuition fees at Standard UK Rates. The standard full-time tuition fee for postgraduate research students from Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and Great Britain for 2023-24 is £4712 for one year of study. Full details on fees can be found here
- A maintenance award at the Research Councils' UK national rate
- Research Training and Expenses
- Three or four year studentships are available
Scholarships covering full tuition fees and stipend are available to UK and Republic of Ireland students.
EU and other international students are also very welcome to apply. Such students will be required to fund their own fees at the Queen's University Belfast international fee rate (£18.9k or £23.85k per annum), but LINAS can provide both the maintenance award (approximately £18.9k per year) and a contribution to the fee of £4.9k per year.
Project Priority Themes
Artificial Intelligence, Social Justice and Public Decision-Making
- Algorithmic accountability: Public control of AI decision-making
- Legal and social-legal challenges around new technology
- AI and Humans: Reckoning and Judgement
- Fairness in Exploratory Data Analytics: The agency shift from humans to AI
Science, Governability and Society
- Robotic eyes on the sky and on earth
- ML-enhanced quantum information processing
- Numerically Robust and Reproducible Deep Learning
- Algorithmic security: Distributed Agency, Responsibility, and Governability
To view all the current research proposals, please visit the Projects section.