The Graduate School has created an online bank of SPSS training, delivered via the free Canvas software, for you to access at your own convenience. A range of instructional videos have been created around the follow themes:
- Getting Started with SPSS: you will learn how to navigate around SPSS and how to input data directly into SPSS or import it from Excel. You will also learn how to sort and split your dataset and how to recode variables and compute new variables based on your existing dataset.
- Managing and exploring the data: you will learn how to screen and clean your dataset and identify errors or missing data. You will learn how to run descriptive statistics, check for outliers and assess normality
- Creating and using figures to describe the data: you will learn how to visually display your data in a variety of ways. These videos will show you how to create and interpret histograms, bar graphs, scatterplots, boxplots and line graphs. You will also learn how to format your figures.
- Exploring relationships between variables: you will learn how perform analysis to explore relationships (chi-square test, correlation and multiple regression).
- Comparing groups: you will learn how to perform analysis to compare groups (t-tests and ANOVAs)
The training is delivered on the Graduate School free Canvas programme. Please note, you will need to create an account for this Canvas if you have not accessed this before. When creating your account, you will need to use your QUB email address. After registering for Canvas, you will be able to access the content.
Follow up consultations for this training session are bookable via my Future.