News and Events
The Acts of Union team will be going on a tour of the USA in Spring 2024! Thanks to the North American Mobility Fund, we’ll be able to visit several universities in the United States including Boston College and the University of Notre Dame. Please check back soon for more information.
19th February 2024: Alison and Ruth will be giving a talk for the Offaly Historical Society.
29th February 2024: Alison and Ruth will be giving a talk for the South Kilkenny Historical Society.
Here’s what we’ve been up to over the past while:
- 10th-13th November 2022: Alison and Ruth spoke at the North American Conference on British Studies in Chicago. Read more here.
- 11th-12th July 2022: Alison and Ruth spoke at ‘Ireland and Sexualities in History Conference’ at the University of Edinburgh. Read more here.
- 8th-9th July 2022: Ruth gave a talk entitled, 'Mixed marriage in twentieth century Ireland: a form of rebellion?' at the Oral History Society conference, London. Learn more here.
- 8th-9th July 2022: Alison gave a talk entitled, ‘Acts of Union: Irish Studies and “love across the divide”’ at the English Shared Futures Conference, Manchester. Learn more here.
- 21st March 2022: Ruth spoke about her PhD research on the Northern Ireland Conflict and the health service at the Institute of Irish Studies seminar series, Queen’s University Belfast. Read more here.
- 16th March 2022: English Research Seminar, Queen’s University Belfast.
- 1st December 2020: Alison gave a talk entitled, ‘“emphatically anti-political”: Troubled love and the North’ at the Institute of Irish and Scottish Studies, University of Aberdeen.
- 30th November 2020: Alison gave a talk entitled, ‘Acts of Union? Writing love across the divide’ at the Institute of Irish Studies, Queen’s University Belfast.