Summer School 2022
Participant at the 2022 Friel Reimagined Summer School. The Summer School was held at the Brian Friel Theatre at Queen's from 8-12 August 2022.
Thank you to all the brilliant young people who took part in the Friel Reimagined Summer School in August 2022. It was an immersive, intensive introduction to theatre, inspired by the plays of Brian Friel, with five full days of workshops exploring the wide range of activities in theatre, including writing, performance, costumes and more... Each day was focused around one of the five plays: Philadelphia, Here I Come!, The Freedom of the City, Faith Healer, Translations and Dancing at Lughnasa, to explore a cross-section of Friel's career from the 1960s to the 1990s.
Summer School workshops and facilitators
- Daily performance workshops: Rob Crawford, Bruiser Theatre Company
- Lighting demonstration and workshop: Emily Moore
- Poster design workshop: Ste Murray
- Writing workshop: Emily DeDakis
- Costume workshop: Zjena Glamoçanin
- Research talk: Maria Gaviña Costero
- Career talk (writing): Caitlin Magnall-Kearns
- Career talk (production management): Siobhán Barbour
- Career talk (acting): Siobhán Barbour
- Final celebration event with guests from National Lottery Heritage Fund, Theatre & Dance NI, Bruiser Theatre Company and Queen's University.
Huge thanks to our Student Assistant Facilitators for the week, Elena Pearson and Hermes (Yansong Wu).
- Illustration from 'Philadelphia' by Fuchsia MacAree
- Photography by Simon Mills and Bruiser Theatre Company