Postgraduate taught employability, careers guidance and support
The Graduate School offers a range of opportunities for students to develop their future-readiness and manage their own careers whether that is into further academia, non-academic employment or self-employment.
Career PGR 1-2-1 Appointments
The Graduate School also offers a range of employability workshops to support postgraduates with the next step in their career. Workshops are demand led and often co-developed by employers and industry experts.
These can include practical skills development around:
- Strategic Job Hunting - LinkedIn
- Mock Interviews
- Preparation for Academic Interview
- Preparation for Non-Academic Interview
Master Your Leadership
The aim of this programme is to support a ‘whole person’ approach to the Master's experience at Queen’s through a programme of training and development which complements disciplinary excellence and develops employability skills:
- To enable you to receive constructive feedback on your leadership skills and as a consequence to build a tailored leadership development plan for yourself.
- To train and inspire you in relation to key skill areas as related to the 5 pillars.
- To encourage you to develop your leadership skills through participation in the wide range of developmental opportunities that will be available from the Graduate School and the University as a whole.
Making the Most of Masters
Queen’s Making the Most of Masters (QMMM) supports collaboration between external organisations and Queen’s University to provide opportunities for Masters students to undertake a Work Based Project (WBP) in place of a more traditional Masters dissertation. The toolkit below includes advice, guidance and template documentation to support and facilitate the overall process of linking Masters programmes and external organisations; preparing and supporting students, academic supervisors and organisation project supervisors. The projects, which are an integral part of the students’ academic programme, address real needs within an organisation. Whilst the focus of QMMM is on Masters level projects these resources may be adaptable for other levels.
Researcher Plus and Degree Plus
Gain Experience and Accreditation
As a current postgraduate student of Queen’s University, you will have the opportunity to gain official recognition by the University as a result of developing your own skills and research in addition to your studies.Find out more