Welcome to the P4P child-centred practice training resource for professionals working with children who have experienced violence.
Under the pictures below you will find links to the training resources.
Enter each resource by clicking on the title.
Overview: Taking all of the information children provided us with through surveys, focus groups and workshops, we worked with two advisory groups of children to develop the following resources:
- A Training package: includes a facilitators manual and four modules on the key themes emerging from all of our work with children – 1. Children and young people’s experiences and understandings of violence; 2. Children and young people’s help seeking behaviours; 3. Children’s rights and violence; 4. Services and supports. In the section on additional resources are further resources trainers might want to use when delivering training on some or all of these topics.
- A Consultation pack: for those who want to explore the issue of violence with children in an ethical, sensitive and non-intrusive manner.
- A Child-centred Checklist: based on children’s views of ‘good’ or effective engagement when they have experienced violence and needed support. Professionals can use this to assess their own practice from a child’s perspective.
- Additional resources: we collected lots of information in this project that can be used by professionals, trainers or students to inform their work and their practice. This includes:
- Country-specific information on safeguarding standards and reporting mechanisms
- a questionnaire co-designed with children;
- a summary of the results from the survey (all countries);
- a summary of the results from NI;
- a summary of findings from focus groups with vulnerable groups;
- 6 factsheets on the experiences of six groups at risk of experiencing violence (children in care; children in conflict with the law, child migrants and refugees, children who identify as LGBTQ+, children who experience family/domestic violence, Traveller/Roma children)
- Resources for children and young people:
- A child-friendly summary of the survey findings
- A sign posting leaflet for children. This was designed by the advisory groups as a way to inform other children about violence, and some local supports.
- A short animation co-produced by children.
The Training Package - Nov 2019
Module 1 - CYP's experiences & views of violence
Module 2 - CYP’s help seeking behaviours
Module 3 - Children’s rights and violence
Module 4 - Services and supports
Animation - What is Violence and how to get help should you experience this (made by young people for young people).
"The content of these training resources represents the views of the authors only and is his/her sole responsibility. The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains."