The webinar will also discuss:
- Earning class credits across arts, humanities, science and engineering subject areas including our new study abroad research and internship options.
- How to apply, including no application fee and guaranteed housing
- Support services on offer including our 200+ clubs and societies
- Loyalty scholarships offering 20% fee reduction to returning study abroad students completing a 1 year Masters program at Queen’s
- Also don’t miss the opportunity to win a selection of fun prizes (Queen’s hoodies and teddy bears) during the webinar
What Can You Study?
At Queen’s we have three Faculties and within these there are 15 different Schools. Students studying abroad with us have the option to choose modules from multiple Faculties and Schools, providing they meet any prerequisites.
Modules offered within the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences can be viewed on our website, including a range of modules with an overarching Irish theme. Modules available within the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences as well as the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Sciences can be viewed on our Course Catalog
Welcome to Belfast
Belfast is a modern capital city, welcoming, easy to get around and an affordable place in which to live and study. It’s also within the safest region in the UK (UK Crime Surveys 2018/19). The city is best explored on foot or by bike, and our central campus means that most places are within a short walking distance.
Belfast has it all:
- A world class arts and culture scene
- The Cathedral Quarter home to pubs and live music
- A city centre with worldwide brands, indie boutiques and artisan markets
- Local and international markets, shops and restaurants, so you’ll never get bored of the cuisine
- Why Belfast is the Perfect Study Abroad Destination (Video)
In Northern Ireland you’re never far from spectacular scenery. Mountains, forests and stunning coastlines make up the rich landscape of the region, and activities like mountain biking, surfing and golf are popular. Belfast and the nearby Causeway Coast were named No.1 region in the world to visit in 2018 by the Lonely Planet. It’s easy to see why the Northern Ireland was chosen as the one of the filming locations for Game of Thrones!
STUDY ABROAD INTERNSHIP PATHWAY
Students studying abroad at Queen’s in the spring semester have the opportunity to extend their time in Northern Ireland with an internship in the field of social justice and peacebuilding. Following the end of the spring semester, spend six weeks completing an accredited internship gaining international work experience and earning college credit. A vibrant city emerging from decades of conflict, Belfast is an ideal location to see the effects of social justice and peacebuilding first hand.
Study Abroad Research Project
The Research Project module involves students undertaking, with academic supervision, a piece of independent research in fulfilment of the Study Abroad requirements of their home institution. The topic is to be agreed between the student, the supervisor and, as appropriate, the academic coordinator of the home institution.
Elms BT1 & BT2 are located close to the city centre while Elms BT9, our purpose built student village, is found to the south of the city. Both sites are around a 15 minute walk to the campus, have laundry facilities, shared social spaces and 24 hour security.
Queen’s Loyalty Scholarship
If you decide to return to Queen’s we will do our very best to ensure you are taken care of so you get the best from your time with us.
Study Abroad students who return to Queen’s for postgraduate study are eligible for a 20% discount on tuition fees for their first year of study. Full details are found on our website.