Open to PhD applications in:
- International intellectual property law and policy
- Intellectual property and economic development
- International investment law
- Issues related to global south/asian legal studies
Public outreach & key achievements
- My research outcomes have received awards and have been published widely in leading international journals. I have advised least developed countries (LDCs) Governments on intellectual property policies and acted as a consultant in private sector development projects focusing on IP, trade, and investment for the European Union (EU) funded projects.
- I have represented international organization at the General Assembly of the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO). I have been serving as an expert for the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD).
- I have acted as a peer reviewer for leading IP journals including the Journal of World Intellectual Property and the Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, among others; and I have served as a member of the editorial board for the Global Trade and Customs Journal, Kluwer Law International, since 2018.
|PhD Area||Pharma corporate intellectual property (IP) governance and pandemic preparedness (A comparative study of the United Kingdom and global south (including Pakistan)|
|PhD Area||Humans & artificial intelligence in unmanned aerial systems: a dangerous relationship?|
|PhD Area||Fast fashion v/s traditional artists rights within the intellectual property law regime: The case for empirical evidence-based findings|
Get ahead: tips on how to prepare your application to study for a PhD at QUB Law
Read our guidance on the steps in our PhD applications process and how to present your research proposal.