Mission, Vision, Values
The School's mission is to educate and explore for the benefit of business and society.
The School's vision, in alignment with Queen's University Belfast Strategy 2030, is to:
- Be pivotal in developing principled and effective leaders;
- Expand research-led dialogue and engagement with business, civil society, and government; and
- To grow international stature and esteem.
Queen’s University Belfast has five core values, which reflect the University’s beliefs and its aspirations for staff conduct. These core values, which have the acronym ICARE, are Integrity, Connected, Ambition, Respect and Excellence.
- Integrity - leaders who hold themselves and others to account, and are mindful of their ethical, social and environmental responsibilities.
- Connected - leaders who play an active role in global society whilst embracing the unique history and culture of the region.
- Ambition - leaders who pursue personal development, embrace challenges and seek opportunities to shape business and society.
- Respect - leaders who act with humility and inspire others to create positive change in society.
- Excellence - leaders who pursue excellence and draw on the region’s rich industrial and entrepreneurial heritage to pursue cutting-edge solutions to business and societal problems.