Skip to main content
Queen's University Belfast Logo
Ulster Archaeological Society

Join Us



The Society actively promotes the cause of archaeology and the wider study of our heritage and warmly welcomes new members from Ulster, Ireland and further afield. Our members come from all walks of life and from all sections of the community, encompassing all ages from students to retired people both amateurs and professionals.


What does the membership of the Society entitle me to?

As a member of the Society you can fully participate in our events programme which includes monthly lectures, workshops, field trips and the field survey days.

You will also recieve a copy of the Ulster Journal of Archaeology and will also receive updates via the UAS Newlsetter which is distributed quarterly.


How much does it cost?

Membership Type UK Subscription Non-UK Subscription
Individual: £28 £33
Family: £28 £33
Retired: £10 * £13 *
Retired Family: £10 * £13 *
Student: £7.50 ** £7.50 **
*please note, this subscription does not include a copy of the Journal
**please note, this subscription does not include a copy of the Journal or Quarterly Newsletter


How do I join?

You can renew or apply for membership of the Ulster Archaeological Society either by printing and returning the application form, or online using the PayPal option below. 

By clicking on the 'Buy Now' button you will be redirected to PayPal ( where you can complete the payment process

Charity Gift Aid Declaration- multiple subscriptions/donations

If you are a UK taxpayer, it will cost you nothing to boost your UAS subscription by 25% . Gift aid is reclaimed by the charity from the tax you pay for the current tax year. In order to Gift Aid your subscription/donation you must click on the box below.

I want to my subscription/donation of £0.00 and any subscriptions/donations I make in the future or have made in the past 4 years to the Ulster Archaeological Society. I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of gift aid claimed on all my subscriptions & donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference.

N.B. Please notify the Secretary if you:

  • Want to cancel this declaration
  • Change your name or home address
  • No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains