QML hosts an interdisciplinary team of biologists, oceanographic modellers, chemists, and engineers. We pursue applied research in areas such as marine resources, invasive species control, and fisheries management, and blue-skies research in organismal biology including anatomy, phylogenetics, and ecosystem dynamics.
Interested in research or outreach opportunities at QML? Click here!
We currently host a diverse range of PhD projects stemming marine, freshwater, and terrestrial environments. Find out more about our PhD projects here.
- Coastal engineering, wave energy, and its environmental impacts
- Seaweed based research including the cultivation and novel uses of local seaweed species
- Fisheries management
Biodiversity and Ecosystem Function
- Pelagic, benthic, and rocky shore ecology
- Invasive species research (marine, freshwater, and terrestrial)
- Animal behaviour and welfare
Evolutionary Ecology and Systematics
- Physiology and metabolism of marine invertebrates
- Morphology, and anatomical visualisation via tomographic modelling
Interested in projects we've previously hosted at QML? Click here!