Entry Criteria and How to Apply
Brickfields Asia College - Queen’s University Partnership Entry
For those applying through the Brickfields Asia College-Queen’s University Belfast partnership programme the entrance requirements are as follows:
- Advanced Standing Year 2
- Advanced Standing Year 3
For entry onto the Advanced Standing Year 2 (with the final two years spent studying at Queen’s), applicants must pass all Year 1 modules in one sitting with an average mark of 50%.
For entry onto the Advanced Standing Year 3 (with the final year spent studying at Queen’s), applicants must pass all subjects in Year 1 in one sitting with an average of 50% and pass all subjects with an average of 60% in Year 2.
English Language Requirement
The following qualifications are accepted for entry:
- CIE GCE O Level English Language syllabus 1119 (Malaysia): Grade C
- IGCSE in English (as a First Language) – syllabus 0500: Overall Grade C with Grade 2 in Speaking/Listening
- IGCSE in English (as a First Language) – syllabus 0522: Overall Grade C in all components
- IGCSE in English (as Second Language) – syllabus 0510 – (accepted with or without separate Oral endorsement): Grade B in Reading and Writing, Grade A in Listening and Oral Endorsement Grade 2 (if completed)
- IGCSE in English (as a Second Language) – syllabus 0511 with Count in Oral: Grade B in Reading and Writing, Grade A in Listening and Grade C in Oral test.
Applicants without one of the above tests may be required to provide an IELTS test with overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any component (or acceptable alternative – see here for further details).
Applications must be made through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). Details of the application process can be obtained from your college. UCAS operates an online application facility at www.ucas.com. Please note that the UCAS code name for Queen’s is QBELF and the number is Q75.