Open to PhD applications in the field of
- African history and the Portuguese-speaking world
- Religion, Christian missionaries, and Islam
- Civil wars, conflict resolution, negotiations and mediation
Public outreach & key achievements
- Articles and interview in The Conversation, The Economist, Financial Times, Le Monde, Radio France Internationale, Radio Vatican, etc.
- Former editor-in-chief of the journal Social Sciences and Mission (Leiden: Brill)
- Member of the editorial boards of the journal Bridging Humanities (Leiden: Brill), Lusotopie (Leiden: Brill), Afriche e Orienti, (Bologna, Italy), and Tsingy (La Réunion).
|PhD Title||Ireland and empire: colonial cultures and politics, 1882-1898|
|PhD Title||Chasing canon 15 of the first and second Council in Constantinople (861): A study of the limits of communion in the Byzantine Church (861- C.1350)|
Alumni: Where are they now
|PhD Title||Missionary masculinity: Irish Protestants in Asia and Africa, c.1840-1905|
|Current Position||Catherine S. Jamieson|
- School of History, Anthropology, Philosophy and Politics