Find a PhD Supervisor
Dr Keith BreenSchool of History, Anthropology, Philosophy and Politics
Keith Breen’s research areas are political and social theory, his focus being questions of political ethics and philosophies of work and economic organization.
He has published widely in peer-reviewed journals and is the author of Under Weber’s Shadow: Modernity, Subjectivity and Politics in Habermas, Arendt and MacIntyre (2012) and co-editor of After the Nation? Critical Reflections on Nationalism and Postnationalism (2010), Philosophy and Political Engagement: Reflection in the Public Sphere (2016), and Freedom and Domination: Exploring Republican Freedom (2018).
Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Political ethics
- Theories/philosophies of work and economic organization
- Democracy and workplace democracy
- Contemporary republicanism
- Just war theory
- The thought of Max Weber, Hannah Arendt, Jürgen Habermas, Alasdair MacIntyre
- Contemporary political and social theory generally
|PhD Title||Democracy and populism|
|PhD Title||Modernity and authenticity|