Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Conceptual and empirical studies of Strategic Narrative in International Relations
- Studies in Public Diplomacy
- Research on the development of international order, including China’s emerging role
- European and transatlantic security policy
- German foreign and security policy, including German European policy
Public outreach & key achievements
- Professor Miskimmon has published a number of books including:
- Strategic Narratives: Communication Power and the New World Order, New York: Routledge, 2013 (with Ben O'Loughlin and Laura Roselle) which was awarded the 2016 Best Book Award on International Communication by the International Studies Association and:
- Forging the World: Strategic Narratives in International Relations, published by the University of Michigan Press in early 2017.
Alumni: Where are they now
|'Grand Strategy and National conceptions of the emerging EU and NATO relationship in France, Germany and the UK.'
|Research Professor, Institute for European Studies, Vrije University Brussels
|'The influence of new member states on the Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP). Poland and the “Eastern dimension” of the European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP).
|Advisor to the Committee on Foreign Affairs, European Parliament and Senior Associate Researcher, Institute for European Studies, Brussels
|Understanding security practices in South Asia: Securitization theory and the role of non-state actors
|Senior Lecturer, University of New South Wales and former MacArthur Foundation Post-doctoral Scholar)
- School of History, Anthropology, Philosophy and Politics