Business and Human Rights Student Ambassador Programme
The Northern Ireland Business and Human Rights Student Ambassador Programme is a collaborative initiative between Queen’s Business School (QBS) and the Northern Ireland Business and Human Rights Forum.
The purpose of the Ambassador Programme is to equip students with the knowledge and skills to act as ambassadors to promote ethics and human rights within business during both their academic studies and future professional careers. The Ambassador Programme is open to students at any level from across Queen’s University.
Students who take part in the programme will benefit from:
- Gaining a Future Ready award
- An official certificate of participation from QBS and the NI Business and Human Rights Forum
- Enhanced knowledge and understanding of business, human rights, and sustainability
- The chance to build relationships with industry and students from across the University
- Gaining valuable experience related to events management
- Standing out from the crowd when applying for jobs in the future
Are you ready to become an ambassador for ethics and human rights in business?
The Programme is based upon three elements which must be fulfilled for the student to be put forward for DegreePlus accreditation and receive a certificate from QBS and the Forum:
- Educate: Participate in three interactive half-day workshops organised by QBS and the Northern Ireland Business and Human Rights Forum exploring issues around human rights, business ethics, sustainability, and responsible management. You can find out more about the workshops here.
- Engage: Attend two online or face-to-face events. For example, meetings of the Northern Ireland Business and Human Rights Forum, the UK Global Goals Roadshow, or any other relevant activities as approved by QBS and the Forum.
- Encourage: Organise and deliver a student-led activity at the QUB Development Week held in summer. This may include, but is not limited to, a talk, mini conference, or workshop open to students from across the University.
In addition, students will be required to complete a reflective workbook in order to demonstrate the knowledge and skills they have developed over the course of the Ambassador Programme.
Applications are closed for this year. Please check back soon for next year.