University Staff and Students are responsible for taking all possible precautionary measures to reduce the potential of a loss or injury. However, in case of a claim, please adhere to the following procedures:
- All accidents or losses which might give rise to a claim under the University's Insurance Policies must be reported immediately to the University's Insurance Section.
- If in any doubt as to whether the University's Insurance Policies extend to cover loss, or whether a claim should be made, please contact the University's Insurance Section for advice.
- Every claim form must be fully completed, signed and dated.
- Whenever possible, include on the claim form, details of repair or replacement costs and forward a written estimate and/or account to substantiate the sum claimed as soon as this becomes available.
- Where a loss arises as a result of theft, it is essential that the Police are notified immediately.
- Any serious injury to an employee should be reported immediately to the University Safety Service.
- Do not discuss or admit liability. Any correspondence should be passed to the Insurance Section as soon as possible, unanswered beyond a simple acknowledgment of receipt.
Please use the links below to download the relevant claim form. If the form you need is not listed please contact the Insurance Section.
Once the form has been completed please return by email or by post to Insurance Section, Finance Directorate, Level 3, Administration Building.