University Staff and Students are responsible for taking all possible precautionary measures to reduce the potential of a loss or injury. However, in case of a claim, please adhere to the following procedures:
- All accidents or losses which might give rise to a claim under the University's Insurance Policies must be reported immediately to the University's Insurance Section.
- If in any doubt as to whether the University's Insurance Policies extend to cover loss, or whether a claim should be made, please contact the University's Insurance Section for advice.
- Every claim form must be fully completed, signed and dated.
- Whenever possible, include on the claim form, details of repair or replacement costs and forward a written estimate and/or account to substantiate the sum claimed as soon as this becomes available.
- Where a loss arises as a result of theft, it is essential that the Police are notified immediately.
- Any serious injury to an employee should be reported immediately to the University Safety Service.
- Do not discuss or admit liability. Any correspondence should be passed to the Insurance Section as soon as possible, unanswered beyond a simple acknowledgment of receipt.
Please use the links below to download the relevant claim form. If the form you need is not listed please contact the Insurance Section.
Travel - Medical Expenses
Travel - Personal Property
Travel - Cancellation/Curtailment
Motor Claim Form
Property Claim Form
Once the form has been completed please return by email or by post to Insurance Section, Finance Directorate, Level 3, Administration Building.