Dr Austin O'Carroll - 5 May 2021
Please join us for the second of four seminars – open to anyone interested in Inclusion Health and in addressing health inequities. Calling researchers, policy-makers, service providers and users, members of the public, all health and social care students and all others interested in this work.
(NB: upon confirmed registration, you will receive an email containing your individual link to the seminar - remember to check your ‘other’ or ‘junk mail’ folders)
Dr Austin O Carroll MICGP, DHealth, FRCPI (Hon) founded several initiatives:
- Safetynet (2007) which provides GP services to over 6000 marginalized patients annually throughout Ireland. He was Medical Director from 2007-2017.
- GMQ, a primary care programme for homeless people.
- Partnership for Health Equity, a research, education, policy and service delivery collaboration.
- GPCareForAll, a new social enterprise that creates new GP practices in areas of deprivation.
- North Dublin City GP Training programme, the first internationally that trains GPs to work in communities affected by deprivation or marginalization.
He received the Fiona Bradley Award; the Time & Tide Award for his work with migrants; the Healthcare professional of the Year Award 2015; the Doolin Award; and Gertrude Ronan Award. He was awarded the 5 Star Doctor Award from Wonca Europe in 2020.