PhD Funding Opportunities
Funded PhD Opportunities in the School of Psychology at Queen’s University Belfast 2021-22
The School of Psychology at Queen’s University Belfast invites applications for the following fully funded PhD’s.
The full-time studentships below are funded by the Northern Ireland Department for the Economy (DfE). Funded studentships may cover maintenance and fees for a maximum of three years, (3.5 for DTP) depending on residency status. For further details re eligibility criteria (including academic, citizenship and residency criteria) please click on the DfE Research Eligibility Guidance Notes: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/department-economy-studentships.
- Assessing Post-traumatic Stress Disorder in a population of Colombians exposed to Armed Conflict.
- Improving attitudes towards gender equality initiatives: An examination of long-term effects of interventions.
The following funded opportunity is also available in conjunction with the School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science:
- DTPSCIDM: High Value Design Via Personalised Dynamic Learning and Skill Delivery for Industry 4.0
You may apply for this opportunity by visiting the project webpage.
We are also advertising for the following unfunded projects:
- Developing Belief: The Development of Religious Cognition and Behaviour in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
- The spatiotemporal movement control of manual interception.
- Measuring effects of ageing on cortical activity during posture-cognitive multitasking using fNIRS.
- Improving the Assessment of Dark Personalities and the Prediction of Outcomes.
- Does online intergroup contact change people’s intergroup behaviour?
The School welcomes applications from international students. Mobility allowances of up to £500 per year to cover travel expenses to Belfast will normally be available to successful candidates eligible for QUB international tuition fee rates. Note that international students do not normally meet the residency criteria set out for DfE funded studentships.
For a full description please visit the following link https://www.qub.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate-research/phd-opportunities/ and go to School of Psychology.
The deadline for the two DfE funded applications is 5th March 2021. (see How to Apply: http://www.qub.ac.uk/Study/PostgraduateStudy/How-to-apply/)
Applicants must have at least a 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in Psychology or a related subject.
The University is committed a policy of equal opportunity. Prospective students with a disability or long term condition are encouraged to disclose as early as possible in the application and selection process by contacting email@example.com. Upon disclosure the University will ensure appropriate reasonable adjustments and additional supports can be put in place for applicants. Reasonable adjustments and additional supports will be determined on an individual basis, in line with the course entry requirements to ensure selection standards are maintained.