Open to PhD applications in;
- Psychological trauma
- PTSD, Complex PTSD and Posttraumatic Growth
- The development of Psychosis
- Constructing and assessing mental health measures, test and questionnaires
- Using digital phenotyping and apps in mental health • Systematic reviews, meta-analysis and evidence gap maps in mental health
- Psychometric properties of Mental Health Measures
- Modelling predictors of mental health including: self-conscious emotions (especially shame), physical health & exercise, socio-economic status, childhood adversity & abuse, measurement issues, trauma appraisals, coping styles, etc.
Public outreach & key achievements
Dr Hanna has successfully supervised 26 PGR students to completion at QUB. In the past 3 years 18 PGR students under his supervision have graduated. Students under his supervision have won the BPS DCP DClin research prize in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
His standing in the area of mental health & trauma is reflected by his popularity as PGR external examiner, for example, in 2019 he acted as external examiner on 8 PGR vivas. Dr Hanna has an established international research profile in the field of mental health with a h-index of 20 and a i10-index of 30. He has published a bestselling statistics text book and research methods text book. He has been an invited psychologist and academic on a number of television shows including the Afternoon Show, the Daily show and You’re a Star.
|PhD area||Attentional bias in OCD|
|Years of study||2014-2018|
- Faculty of Engineering and Physical Science
- School of Psychology
- Centre for Evidence and Social Innovation (CESI)
- Centre for Improving Health-Related Quality of Life (CIHRQoL)