Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Group
The Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Group in the School of Psychology at Queen’s University Belfast has been set up to celebrate the differences within the student community and to help foster each individual’s unique identity. The group comprises staff and students committed to providing students of all identities and backgrounds a fair chance at an enjoyable educational experience, free from discrimination and inequity.
Our mission statement:
- Build a culture of respect for other people's opinions
- Encourage discussions about race and privilege related to ethnicity, religion, language, physical ability, or social status
- Diversify and decolonise the curriculum
- Promote diversity and inclusion in the School
- Fight against exclusion
- Advance awareness around allyship, equity, privilege, anti-racism, and decolonisation
We welcome feedback on individuals’ experiences and areas for support provisions to promote inclusion and diversity within the culture of QUB.
QUB Report + Support
QUB Report + Support is a confidential and optionally anonymous service to support students who have experienced hate crimes, bullying, harassment or sexual misconduct. Reports can be anonymous or students can speak directly to an advisor and students can receive support within three days. If you have experienced misconduct from staff or students, and wish to seek support, the service can be accessed at: https://reportandsupport.qub.ac.uk/ .