Thinking of training to be a Social Worker commencing 2024? Let us help you! We are running our Information Evening about the Social Work degree at Queen's University on Wednesday 4 October 2023 at 6pm. Information stands from 5.30pm.
We will answer your questions and explain the Social Work application process, the course content, how it is delivered and share top tips for interview preparation. You will hear from our research-active teaching staff, current students and recent graduates. Information will also be provided on student finance, peer mentors and the NI Social Care Council (NISCC).
Refreshments and information stands (Admissions and Access Service, Student Finance and the NISCC) will be available in the foyer from 5.30pm.
Why study Social Work at Queen's?
We are one of the leading centres of Social Work education in the UK, with The Complete University Guide 2024 and The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024 ranking Queen’s University Social Work 2nd in the UK.
We are part of the Russell Group of universities with motivated staff delivering high quality teaching and learning; all qualified social workers with teaching qualifications and PhDs.
Social work training is delivered in partnership with social work agencies, where you will be supported to develop the skills valued by service users, carers and employers.
Why choose a career in Social Work?
- You will make a positive difference in the lives of children, young people, adults and older people
- You will promote social justice in health and social care settings, in education, criminal justice and the voluntary sector
- NI residents are eligible to apply for an incentive payment of £4,500 for each year of study on the Degree in Social Work (health-ni.gov.uk)
- You will have a potential starting salary of £22k
- You will be supported in practice, and throughout your career, with continuous personal and professional development opportunities
17.30 Information stands in the Peter Froggatt Centre ground floor foyer
18.00 Overview of the social work degree at QUB (Mandi MacDonald, Academic Selector BSW Degree)
18.25 Hear from a recent graduate
18.35 Current student experience of the Social Work Degree
18.45 Student finance and funding (Debbie Forsey, Money Management Advisor, Student’s Union)
19.05 Interview process (Mandi MacDonald)
19.20 UCAS application process (Sandra Bloomer, Admissions Manager, Admissions and Access Service)