Thinking of training to be a Social Worker commencing 2022? Let us help you! We are running our virtual Social Work Information Evening in October 2021.
We will answer your questions and explain the Social Work application process, the course content, how it is delivered and share top tips for interview preparation. You will hear from our research-active teaching staff, current students and recent graduates. Information will also be provided on student finance, disability services, peer mentors and the NI Social Care Council.
Why study Social Work at Queen's?
We are one of the leading centres of Social Work education in the UK, with The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 ranking Queen’s University Social Work in the UK Top 10.
The future is bright for social work graduates – the course ranks joint 2nd in the UK for Graduate prospects according to the Complete University Guide 2021.
Social work training is delivered in partnership with social work agencies, where you will be supported to develop the skills valued by service users, carers and employers.
Why choose a career in Social Work?
- You will make a positive difference in the lives of children, young people, adults and older people
- You will promote social justice in health and social care settings, in education, criminal justice and the voluntary sector
- NI residents are eligible to apply for an incentive payment of £4,500 for each year of study on the Degree in Social Work (health-ni-gov.uk)
- You will have a potential starting salary of £22k
- You will be supported in practice, and throughout your career, with continuous personal and professional development opportunities
Please click Social Work Information Evening to register for the event.
- Event type
School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work
- All Prospective Students Undergraduate Students
Guidance / Support