Candidates applying for these exciting 2 year fellowship opportunities must be, at the time of recruitment by QUB, in the first 4 years of their post-doctoral careers with already significant research experience and ready to lead an independent research programme.
Who can apply
You can apply for a Research Career Development Fellowship if you’re already driving your own research and you’re ready to lead an independent research programme.
You must have a PhD and significant postdoctoral research experience.
You should have made important contributions to your area of research, e.g. publications, patents, software development or an impact on policy.
What we’re looking for
You should identify an important question that’s within our scientific remit.
We will review:
• your research contributions
• the scientific merit of your proposed project
• the significance of the research
• the feasibility of your proposal
• the suitability of your sponsor and host environment for both your research and for the development of your independent career.
At the end of this fellowship, you should:
• have achieved international standing in your area of research
• be leading your own research programme
• have the skills and experience to apply for senior level fellowships or permanent positions at research organisations.