Open to PhD applications in the field of
- DNA damage repair
- Transcriptional regulation
- Mechanisms of sensitivity/resistance to DNA damage based therapeutics
Public outreach & key achievements
- Cancer Discovery (journal) - editorial "BRCA1-MEDIATED mRNA SPLICING MAINTAINS GENOME STABILITY"
- The Belfast Telegraph - feature story "Queen's University Belfast breakthrough in bid to combat a killer cancer gene"
- The Mirror - feature story "Researchers in Northern Ireland make huge breakthrough in fight against breast and ovarian cancer"
|PhD Title||The molecular and genetic characterisation of contralateral breast cancer|
Alumni: Where are they now
|PhD Title||Functional analysis of BRCA1|
|Current Position||McClay Professor of Experimental Medicine, QUB and Vice President of biomarker discovery at Almac Diagnostics|
|PhD Title||Role played by BRCA1 in mRNA splicing|
||Research Fellow in Genetics at Livingston Lab, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School|