Find a PhD Supervisor
Dr Devon RameySchool of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work
Dr Ramey’s research has focused on the application of behaviour analytic interventions to help improve the happiness and overall quality of life of young children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). She is particularly interested in how behavioural indicators of mood can be measured as outcome variables during these interventions.
Her research background also includes the use of reinforcement to improve behavioural variability, the use of functional assessment to address challenging behaviours, and the psychosexual development of adolescents with ASD.
Open to PhD applications in:
- Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other developmental disabilities
- Self-determination and quality of life
- Verbal behaviour and communication
- Psychosexual education of adolescents with ASD
- Evidence-based intervention in the classroom
- Functional Behaviour Assessment
- Technology-based instruction
Public outreach & key achievements
Dr Ramey has strong links with the greater behaviour analytic community, as she is a member of the Association for Behavior Analysis International, the Psychological Society of Ireland, and the Division of Behaviour Analysis. She is a periodical reviewer for the Journal for Developmental and Physical Disabilities and the Journal of Behavioral Education.
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work