The 5th IFAC Conference on Intelligent Control and Automation Sciences (ICONS 2019) will be held at Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland, 21-23 August 2019. ICONS serves as a platform for scientists, researchers, and practitioners to discuss their forefront research results and findings, to shape their future directions and development, and to exchange their knowledge and perspectives in the field of intelligent control, automation science, engineering, and its integration into industry and society. It constitutes the primary forum for cross-industry, multidisciplinary research, and provides an opportunity to have a unique and rich cultural experience with excellent technical and social programs.
ICONS 2019 will feature keynote addresses, tutorials, and peer reviewed technical presentations and special sessions, all of which will be included in the registration. Special session proposals and technical papers are solicited on all aspects of Intelligent Control and Automation Science, from theory to applications. Topics of interest
- Computational intelligence methods in modelling, systems identification and control
- Neural networks, evolutionary computing, fuzzy techniques
- Swarm Intelligence (ant colony, particle swarm, differential evolution, cultural algorithms)
- Training and adaptation algorithms, constructive algorithms, structures for computational intelligence, design methodologies
- Search methods and decision-making
- Machine learning and deep learning in modelling, prediction, control and automation
- Biologically plausible neural networks, computational neuroscience
- Neurodynamic optimization and adaptive dynamic programming
- Brain computer interfaces and cognitive architectures,
- Human-machine interaction, cobotics, and augmented reality systems
- Neuroinformatics and bioinformatics
- Hybrids of computational intelligence systems
- Intelligent systems and instrumentation: smart systems, sensors, actuators
- Hybrid and distributed systems
- Data fusion and data mining; knowledge processing and representation, cloud computing
- Intelligent agents, multi-agent systems, swarm robotics
- Cognitive robotics, autonomous systems
- Health monitoring and prognostics: fault detection and diagnosis, predictive maintenance
- Intelligent control and automation of cyber physical systems
- Nonlinear control and its applications
- Real-time aspects of intelligent control
- Architectures for real-time intelligent-control (special processors, parallel processing, FPGAs, etc.)
Application areas of interest include transport, medical and biomedical, biology, aerospace, automation, biotechnology, manufacturing, process control, industry 4.0, additive manufacturing/3D printing, mechatronics, robotics and autonomous systems, power electronics, power systems, smart grids, agriculture, environmental systems, economics and business systems, smart cites, assisted living technologies, healthcare, and emerging areas.
Papers and special session proposals should be submitted via the IFAC Conference Manuscript Management System website at http://ifac.papercept.net/.
All accepted papers will appear in the proceedings of the meeting, will be hosted on-line on the IFACPapersOnLine.net website and will be indexed in SCOPUS.
IFAC Young Author Award
In order to stimulate the involvement of young scientists and engineers in IFAC, as well as to recognize top-level contributions of the younger generation and to support their careers, an 'IFAC Young Author Award' will be presented at the conference. To be eligible for consideration for the award an author must:
- be a PhD-student at the time of paper submission
- be the first author on the paper
- present their paper in person at the conference.
An awards selection committee, appointed by the IPC chair, will select a number of finalists from among the eligible candidates who have registered to attend the conference by 16th July 2019. Finalists will be informed before the event. The selection committee will then select a winner from among the finalists, after having attended the presentation of the papers at the conference. The winner and runner-up will receive a prize. In addition, the winner as well as all finalists will be provided with a certificate.