Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Energy expenditure, metabolism and resting metabolic rate.
- Behavioural Ecology, cooperative breeding and the evolution of breeding systems.
- The physiology and evolutionary ecology of organisms, with particular emphasis on thermoregulatory adaptations to the environment.
- Interactions between energetics, life history strategies and disease.
- Use of physiological techniques for implementing practical conservation.
Public outreach & key achievements
|PhD Title||Using technology to explore carnivore behaviour and physiology|
|PhD Title||Factors effecting ecology and habitat suitability of the European pine marten|
|PhD Title||Understanding the epidemiology of bovine TB and potential routes of infection from badgers to cattle|
||Alpine ibex, agriculture and global change: Interactions between behaviour, physiology and disease|
Alumni: Where are they now
|PhD Title||Information gathering and decisions during agonistic encounters|
|Current Position||Lecturer, Queen’s University Belfast|
|PhD Title||Physiological correlates of parasitism and behaviour in mammals|
|Current Position||Post-doctoral research assistant, Queen’s University Belfast|
|PhD Title||Energy expenditure and behaviour of the European badger|
|Current Position||Software engineer in financial analytics|