Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Insulin resistance, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Cardiovascular disease and inflammatory bowel disease
Public outreach & key achievements
- Invited conference speaker: Akkermansia Muciniphila Ameliorates Inflammatory Bowel Disease via Improvement of Gut Tight Junction and Intestinal Epithelial Cell ER Stress. 6th World Congress on Targeting Microbiota, Porto, Portugal (2018).
- Conference presentation: Cheng X., Harris E., Cui J. and Q. (Senior author) (2018). Diabetes Accelerates Progression of NAFLD to Liver Fibrosis via the Mediation of MicroRNAs. Keystone Symposia-Drivers of Type 2 Diabetes: From Genes to Environment, Seoul, South Korea.
- Conference presentation: Wang H. and Q. (Senior author) (2018). Akkermansia Muciniphila Ameliorates Metabolic Inflammation and Insulin Resistance by Regulating LDL Receptor and TMAO Metabolism. Young Microbiologist Symposium-2018, Belfast, UK.
|PhD Title||Dietary Saturated Fat Induces Inflammatory Bowel Disease via Mediation of CREBH and Gut Microbiome|
|PhD Title||Diabetes Accelerates Progression of NAFLD to Liver Fibrosis via the Mediation of MicroRNAs|
|PhD Title||Crispr/Cas9 and MicroRNA-Based Approaches for Determining the Pathogenesis Of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)|
Alumni: Where are they now