Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Biological/veterinary/medical science
- Infectious disease
- Functional genomics
- Exploitation and development of new ‘omics’ technologies for drug discovery/disease control.
Current Research Opportunities
Public outreach & key achievements
- Significant and sustained engagement with global pharmaceutical companies engaged in the development of new drugs for parasite control.
- Awarded C.A Wright Medal by the British Society for Parasitology (Salford, England, 2004).
- Winner of Bueding von Brand Memorial award from the American Society of Parasitologists (Arlington, Texas, USA, 2008)
- Elected to Membership of the Royal Irish Academy, 2012.
|PhD Title||Understanding the mechanisms of parasite drug resistance|
|PhD Title||Exploiting parasite neurobiology for disease control|
|PhD Title||Studies on the biology of stem cells in parasites|
|PhD Title||Liver fluke stem cell dynamics and parasite growth/development|
Alumni: Where are they now
|Current Position||Assistant Professor, Iowa State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, USA|
|Current Position||Associate Professor, Iowa State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, USA|
|Current Position||Senior Lecturer, Biological Sciences, Institute for Global Food Security, Queen’s University Belfast, UK|
|Current Position||Lecturer, Biological Sciences, Institute for Global Food Security, Queen’s University Belfast, UK|