Open to PhD applications in the field of
- The interface between fundamental atomic physics and astrophysics.
- Candidates should be also interested in taking first principle fundamental research through to application.
- High performance computing is a significant component of the work.
Public outreach & key achievements
- We are part of the ADAS consortium and the international Iron Project working toward updated stellar opacities.
- We also hold workshops at Queen's both in fundamental atomic physics and spectroscopy in astrophysics.
|PhD Title||Fe II emission as a chronometer for high red-shift quasars|
|Year of Study||2016 - 2019|
|PhD Title||Application of Fe spectra within CLOUDY|
|Year of Study||2017-2020|
Alumni: Where are they now
|PhD Title||A Detailed study of astrophysical elements for important astrophysical elements|
|Name||Dr Niall Tyndall|
|Year of Study||2012 - 2015|
|Current Position||Cyber-security Industry|
|PhD Title||Heavy Species R-matrix Calculations in support of Fusion Diagnostics|
|Name||Dr Michael Turkington|
|Year of Study||2003-2006|
|Current Position||Lecturing at Stranmillis College|