Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Atomic structure
- Plasma diagnostics (astrophysics/magnetically confined fusion)
- Electron-impact excitation
- Recombination or photoionization experience
- Stellar opacities
Current Research Opportunities
Public outreach & key achievements
- We are part of the ADAS consortium and the international Iron Project working toward updated stellar opacities.
- We also hold workshops at Queen's both in fundamental atomic physics and spectroscopy in astrophysics.