Santander Mobility Scholarships
Queen’s University Belfast is proud to be a member of the prestigious international Santander Universities network, which brings together almost 1,000 universities across the world, including Spain, Portugal, Latin America and the UK.Download Application Form
Queen’s University Belfast is proud to be a member of the prestigious international Santander Universities network, which brings together almost 1,000 universities across the world, including Spain, Portugal, Latin America and the UK.
This strategic partnership between Queen’s University Belfast and Santander has created a range of opportunities for both staff and students to participate in a range of activities and to encourage exchange and interaction between members of the University and other member universities of the Santander Universities Network. To find out more about Santander Universities visit www.santander.co.uk/universities.
The University is pleased to announce the launch of this year’s scholarships funded by Santander UK, with the assistance of Grupo Santander to support scholarship and mobility in the context of exchanges between Queen's University and universities within the Santander Universidades Network in UK, Europe and overseas.
Who Can Apply?
The funds are available for undergraduate / postgraduate students (PGT/PGR) and/or staff to undertake research and educational activities in UK, European and overseas Universities at a partner institution within the Santander Universidades Network. For a list of eligible universities see the link in footnote 1.
The scholarships are primarily intended to support a student during the academic year 2016-17 (including summer period) at a partner institution and will cover travel and accommodation expenses. Students must have a period of study at Queen’s after the visit.
The following mobility scholarships are available for undergraduate and postgraduate students (PGT/PGR), and/or staff for study and/or research both within the UK and overseas.
- Minimum of 15 scholarships and awards each to a maximum of £1,000.
- It is intended that students/staff should use these awards in the countries and institutions within the Banco Santander S.A. Network.
- A number of scholarships and awards with a minimum value of £2000 to a maximum value of £5000 are also available
- Ideally candidates should be resident in the countries within the Santander scheme*, the nomination process to be supported by Banco Santander S.A.
- It is intended that Scholarships for undergraduate or postgraduate study should be used for study at a partner institution within the Santander Universidades Network.
Application Process and Deadlines
- Application forms are available from the link below.
- Candidates are invited to apply within their respective Schools by sending a CV and completed application form by email to the School Manager by Friday, 18 November 2016.
- Successful candidates will receive notification through their School office in January 2017.
- Award-holders are responsible for their own travel and visa arrangements.
- Award-holders will be required to submit a report to the School on return from their visit.
As a member of Santander Universities, Queen's is committed to providing opportunities to students, which will develop strong links with key institutions worldwide.
Santander Universities began its activity in Spain in 1997 with one main objective: to support higher education.
For more information on Santander Universities and for a list of eligible universities, click here.