Dr Paul McCague
Dr McCague is a Lecturer in Pharmacy Education and a registered pharmacist. Before joining QUB, he held lectureships in University College Cork and Liverpool John Moores University. Paul has experience in both hospital and community pharmacy and maintains practice contact through regular locum work.
Find out more
Paul is involved in teaching clinical pharmacy throughout the four years of the MPharm degree programme. Paul also delivers the pharmacokinetics teaching on Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Advanced Clinical Practice (postgraduate) programmes. Additionally, Dr McCague is involved in pharmacy education post-registration with both the NI Centre for Pharmacy Learning & Development (NICPLD) and Irish Pharmacy Union (IPU). These roles involve the development and delivery of courses to pharmacists in both the North and South of Ireland.
Awards and Impact (including committee membership)
- Module co-ordinator: Advanced Pharmaceutical Care (PMY4107) and Advancement of Practice Through Evidence (PMY4108)
- Lead for Interprofessional Learning: MPharm Programme Level 1 & 2
- School Senior Tutor: University Personal Tutoring Scheme
- School Staff Representative: QUB Academic Council
- QUB Periodic Review and Enhancement Process Panel Member
QUB University Rising Star Teaching Award (2016): Clinical Pharmacokinetics
QUB University Team Teaching Award (2017): Extemporaneous Formulation & Dispensing
Member of the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland
Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
Examinations & Assessment, Distance Learning and Staff Student Consultative Committee
• STEM Ambassador