Open to PhD applications in:
- Gender based violence/ domestic violence/ intimate partner violence
- International social work
- Impact of neoliberal capitalism on the social work profession
Public outreach & key achievements
I have a diverse range of professional experience in a variety of settings, such as school, prison and community and with both adults and children/young people. I have worked with (ex) offenders, perpetrators and survivors of domestic violence, refugees and asylum seekers, etc. I have worked both as a frontline practitioner and as a manager.
Additionally, I have held posts as the director of a gender studies unit, the director of community development and equal opportunities as well as the planning director of fighting social exclusion in various academic and other professional settings. In general, my academic and practice experience which ranges more than 25 years is underpinned by a strong commitment to social justice and social change as entailed in the global definition of social work.
|PhD area||Young people's attitudes toward domestic violence and the role of schools in prevention intervention|
|Name||Ms Stephanie Maguire|
|Years of study||3|
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work