Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Health and wellbeing of people with learning disabilities
- Intellectual and development disabilities
- Fathers’ and families' experiences of children with intellectual disabilities
- Qualitative research
All methodological approaches welcome.
Public outreach & key achievements
- Publications in Oxford Handbook of Learning and Intellectual Disability Nursing, second edition.
UK: Oxford University Press; British Journal of Nursing (Learning Disabilities Supplement); World of
Irish Nursing; Irish Journal of. Anaesthetic; Recovery Nursing Learning Disability Practice.
- Three Minute Thesis- University College Cork (UCC) 2013 Doctoral Showcase- Graduate Studies
Office, UCC, Ireland. Awarded 2nd place
- Finalist in the Waxing Lyrical- University College Cork (UCC) 2014 Doctoral Showcase -
Finalists explain their research to an audience in a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Babyfirst! - ‘Baby first’ is the Reusable Learning Object (RLO) that was co-designed in 2010. This
interactive e-learning resource incorporates text, graphics, pictures and audio to support and enhance
learning and is held on the Nottingham University repository.
- Participant and Role Model in the Aurora Leadership programme 2016-2018.
|MSc Title||Improving the experience of the transition from hospital to home for parents of children with complex health needs: a systematic review'|
|Name||Ms Sophie Ronan|
|Year of Study||2017/18|
|PhD Title||Newly Qualified Registered Nurses’ Experiences in Kuwait: A Qualitative Exploration|
|Year of Study||2017-Present|