Find a PhD Supervisor
Ms Catherine MonaghanSchool of Nursing and Midwifery
Ms Monaghan's research focuses on the Transitions that International Students experience when studying at a UK University.
Her other research areas are in relation to Dementia Care and promoting Living Well with a dementia.
- Presentation at the London International Conference on Education at University of Cambridge (2017) – The Transitions that International Students experience when studying at a UK University.
- Presentation at the International RCN Education Conference (2017) – Cardiff University. Transforming Professional Judgement: Evaluation of Online Narrative Pedagogical Activity during Elective International Placement.
- Presentation at the UK-Meet-China Symposium, Patient Centred Medication and Health Research (2017) at CMU-Queen’s Joint College (CQC). Living Well with a Dementia.
Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Dementia Care
- International students' experience of University study in the UK
Public outreach & key achievements
- Member of the School Research Committee (Lecturer, Education)
- Member of the Collegiality Group School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Shortlisted for Staff Excellence Award 2017 -Community Impact
- Member of the School Community Outreach Team
- Member of the International Elective Clinical Placement Committee
- Awarded Scholarly Activity Award, School of Nursing and Midwifery, QUB
- Development of a Critical Appraisal Podcast with colleagues in London King’s College