We aim to enhance the quality of the postdoctoral experience by providing a voice for the postdoctoral community, and by promoting opportunities for career advancement, personal development and social interaction.
OUR MAIN AIMS
- Encourage and support meaningful career progression and personal development of postdoctoral researchers.
- Increase awareness of pertinent issues affecting the postdoctoral community and enter into dialogue with School management to address these issues and obtain desired outcomes.
- Provide official representation for the postdoctoral community at Faculty and University level, with participation in decision-making processes and management policies.
- Offer opportunities for Professional Training & Development.
- Develop a Social Support Network to help facilitate interaction, communication and collaboration amongst postdoctoral researchers.
- The committee comprises a chairperson, treasurer, secretary and postdoctoral representatives from the Faculty of Medicine, Health & Life Sciences.
- Individual members of the committee are chosen to have special responsibilities for different activities as required.
- The committee will meet at least four times annually. Members are encouraged to submit suggestions for the agenda through the chairperson
PAST COMMITTEE MEMBERS - 2014/15
- CHAIR: Ricardo de Matos Simoes (CCRCB)
- DEPUTY CHAIR: Mary McGahon (CEM)
- SECRETARY: Sharon Eddie Parkinson (CCRCB)
- TREASURER: Kerry Hughes (CCRCB)
- ADDITIONAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS: