2019 Summer Studentship in Postgraduate & Professional Development
The School of Medicine Dentistry Biomedical Sciences is providing a unique opportunity for undergraduate students to participate in education research during the summer months.
Project Title: “Making postgraduate education work: a learner-focused review of postgraduate taught programmes”
Supervisor: Professor S Morison, School Director of PGT programmes
Aim: The aim of this project is to explore the postgraduate student experience across the full-time postgraduate education portfolio in the School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences (SMDBS).
The person appointed to this project will be expected to:
- Undertake a literature review
- Design a focus group interview schedule
- Conduct focus groups with representatives from all SMDBS full-time postgraduate programmes
- Analyse data and present results and recommendations for future development
- Work closely with the PGT Director and student representatives from the PGT Staff Student Consultative Committee
Further details on the project can be found here
- Complete application form
- Append your CV including your full academic profile (or transcript)
- Submit to School PG Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date Monday 8 April 2019
- Informed of outcome by 17 April 2019
This summer studentship will run for 8 weeks in the period between Monday 17 June – Friday 25 June, 2019
The student stipend of £150 per week, up to a maximum of 8 weeks, on a full time basis.