Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Most areas of children’s and young people’s lives
- Sexuality, gender and sexual health
- Policy making processes, especially community relations in Northern Ireland
Public outreach & key achievements
- Dr Schubotz is responsible for an annual attitudes survey of 16-year olds in NI – see link above.
- He is monitoring young people’s views and attitudes for a number of government departments who are using
our data to inform their policies. This includes the areas of education (shared education/CRED/relationship and
sexuality education); good relations, safety in the community, physical activity and health.
- His work has also contributed to a review on child-sexual exploitation.
- He has been involved in a study on sex workers which has informed policy at Westminster.
|PhD Title||The relationship between poverty and social exclusion and the Northern Ireland conflict|
|PhD Title||Experiences of transgender and gender-nonconforming prisoners in the UK and Ireland|
|PhD Title||The impact of social networking on young women’s identity formation|
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work