Meet the team
Gender Equality Committee
The committee chaired by Professor Karen McCloskey has female and male members from Centres within the school, representing all staff categories.
The Queen’s University Belfast, Gender Initiative Director, Professor Yvonne Galligan sits on the committee.
We have a number of advisors both within and external to QUB.
Terms of Reference
The School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences is committed to promoting equality of opportunity in all its functions and will seek to do this by:
- identification of specific gender issues and addressing them
- maintaining mechanisms for monitoring, evaluation and review
- organization of seminars and networking opportunities
- promotion of opportunities for engagement with training / mentoring programmes
- co-ordination of benchmarking activities and award submissions
- developing and maintaining a website presence
- raising awareness and publicity within the School and outside
- working with other UK Medical/Dental Schools to share good practice
- linking with European networks to develop collaborative projects
GEC Membership 2016 - 17
Professor Karen McCloskey (Chair) Dr Sean Roe, Dr Derek Brazil, Dr Michelle McKinley, Professor Jayne Woodside, Dr Jaine Blayney, Dr Nuala Tipping, Dr Ultan Power, Professor Ken Mills, Dr Caitriona Holohan, Dr Amanda Willis, Dr Janitha Costa, Ms Edel O'Hara, Ms Louise McDonald, Professor Yvonne Galligan.