WeCAN events are held four times throughout the academic year with the purpose of:
- Promoting professional and social interactions among female academics
- Providing support and guidance for female academics
- Exploring training opportunities for early career academics and researchers
- Creating awareness of and providing opportunities to discuss issues that affect women's academic career development and success
- Providing opportunities to share strategies for dealing with academic life and work-life balance
The WeCAN events are popular with academic and research staff with many of our PhD students now attending however, all staff are welcome to attend.
Each event starts with an informal networking lunch, followed by the speaker's presentation and develops into an open discussion. Previous topics include "Imposter Syndrome", "Juggling Career and Family - Can Women really have it All?" and "Role Models".
*During the COVID-19 Pandemic situation, these events will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams.