Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Radiobiology of targeted radionuclides (Radium-223)
- Clinical trials
- Stereotactic Radiotherapy
- Radiation Biology
- Prostate Cancer
Public outreach & key achievements
- Dr.Cole was awarded his PhD at Queen’s University Belfast in July 2014.
- His research investigating the radiobiological implications of respiratory motion in lung cancer radiotherapy was awarded the ESTRO Accuray award for high precision research in Geneva in 2013. Dr.Cole was the 1st UK recipient of this prestigious award.
- He was subsequently awarded the St.Lukes Medal for his clinical research project investigating 4D-CT and impact on outcomes for lung cancer patients at the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland. He also won a number of scholarships including the Donal Holywood Ipsen Travel Fellowship and the Gary McGowan Fellowship Award in 2016. Dr.Cole is a keen fundraiser and public speaker on behalf of the Friends of the Cancer Centre.
|PhD Title||Identification of novel imaging biomarkers in patients treated with radium-223|
- The Patrick G Johnston Centre for Cancer Research