Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Multi-disciplinary Centre and acquire training on cutting edge technologies in pluripotent stem cells
- Molecular biology
- Cell signaling
- Coding and non-coding RNAs in the context of diabetes
- Cardiovascular complications
Public outreach & key achievements
- Gives talks to patients’ groups related to diabetes and British Heart Foundation.
- Organises the STEM CELLS stand on NI in Science Festival every year to meet the public and explain/ discuss our research.
- Contributed to the UNISTEM DAY 2015, 2016 and 2017 in QUB, NI; giving talks and contributing to students understanding of STEM CELLS. International Stem Cell Awareness day targeting secondary school students across Europe with 46 Universities and over 20000 students involved.
- Involved in training and education of school students who would like to gain knowledge and experience in stem cell research in QUB, King's College London (KCL), VICTORIA College Belfast, Amber Vick.
- Supervising Nuffield Research Placements in QUB.
- Participated on the judging panels of Debating Science Issues Schools Competitions.
|PhD Title||Investigate the role of non-coding RNAs during Endothelial cells differentiation from Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells.|
Alumni: Where are they now
|PhD Title||Diabetic macular oedema: insight into the disease and iPSC for the stratifications of its treatment based on novel technologies|
|Current Position||PDRA Cambridge University, UK|