Open to PhD applications in the field of
- RNA biology
Current Research Opportunities
- The identification of host proteins essential for the packaging of Influenza A virus genomic RNAs
- Elucidating the interaction of influenza A virus mRNA with host trafficking and translation machinery during the viral replication cycle.
Public outreach & key achievements
I have published in a wide range of scientific journals including Cell Host & Microbe, PLoS Pathogens, Journal of Virology, and Human Molecular Genetics. I have also contributed multiple articles to www.TheConversation.com, have been invited to present seminars on RNA modifications, and have spoken at numerous national and international scientific conferences. My lab is currently funded by a generous award from the European Research Council.
- Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Sciences
- School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences
- Wellcome Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine