Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Development and application of systems thinking and complexity science lens and methods to population health subjects, including but not limited to health-related behaviour, upstream determinants of non-communicable diseases, urban health, and health inequalities.
- Physical activity and population health, particularly the determinants of population levels and inequalities of physical activity and the consequent health impacts.
Public outreach & key achievements
- Developed the first agent-based model to study how population levels of recreational physical activity are shaped and sustained by the dynamic interaction between individuals and their social and built environments (https://doi.org/10.1186/s12966-018-0750-9 and https://doi.org/10.1186/s12966-017-0553-4).
- Awarded the American Journal of Preventive Medicine’s best paper of 2016, for the paper "All-cause mortality attributable to sitting time: analysis of 54 countries worldwide" (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2016.01.022)
- Member of the Guideline Development Group for the World Health Organization's 2020 Physical Activity Guidelines for Youth, Adults and Older Adults.
- Member of the Scientific Committee for the first Brazilian Guidelines for Physical Activity.
- Consultant of commissioned works for varies international and national health and development policy organizations, including the Pan-American Health Organization, World Health Organization, United Nations Development Programme, C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group, Brazilian Ministry of Health, and Colombian Ministry of Health and Social Protection.
|PhD Title||A systems approach to control of emerging infections diseases.|
|Phd Title||Association between friendship network and mental well-being in adolescents: longitudinal analysis and investigation of moderators and mediators.|
- Centre for Public Health