Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Clinically-focused research, Relating to improving the diagnosis of serious infection in hospitalised patients, such as diagnostic accuracy studies.
Public outreach & key achievements
- Country ambassador (Ireland) for the Global Action Fund for Fungal Infections (GAFFI)
- Co-opted to the National Institute for Health & Care Excellence (NICE) guideline development group for the 2016 sepsis guideline to provide expert microbiology advice.
- Member of NIHR Heath Technology Assessment Programme Prioritisation Committee B
- Member of General Medical Council’s Curriculum Advisory Group
|PhD Title||Rapid Tests for Fungal Infection in Critical Care|
Alumni: Where are they now
|PhD Title||Tea tree oil to prevent MRSA in ICU|
|Current Position||Nurse practitioner, Belfast Health & Social Care Trust|
|PhD Title||Microbiological interactions and the development of biofilms and ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP)|
|PhD Title||Synthetic endotoxin biology|
|Current Position||PDRA, QUB|
- School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences