Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Transcription dysfunction in disease
- Functional genomics and integrative bioinformatics
- Identification of novel genomically informed treatment strategies
Current Research Opportunities
- Using epigenetic modifiers in combination with 5-FU based chemotherapy to elicit tumour specific immune responses and immunogenic cell death in colorectal cancer.
- Novel approaches to uncovering effects of anti-cancer agents targeting epigenetic modifiers.
- SFI Centre for Research Training in Genomic Data Science: Multi-Omic prediction of treatment induced vulnerabilities to develop more effective treatments for Colorectal Cancer
Public outreach & key achievements
- Academic Lead FMHLS Genomics Core Technology Unit
- Co-Investigator on CRUK Colorectal Cancer Program Grant funded by Bobby Moore Foundation
- Co-Investigator PCUK-Movember QUB-Manchester Centre of Excellence
- Pre-Clinical Lead CRUK New Agents Committee sponsored first-in-human trial of CDC7 inhibitor to exploit p53 deficiency
- The Patrick G Johnston Centre for Cancer Research
- Gastro-Intestinal Focus Group